Now more than ever, we feel the importance of firmly establishing a place for Ukrainian culture. Not only to preserve and share the rich history, but also to develop contemporary interpretations and interact with the broader European community.
VATAHA Foundation was started in 2022 by Oksana, Yulia and Ulyana — three active Ukrainian women living in The Netherlands, with broad experience and connections in the Dutch cultural scene.
- Support of projects in the field of culture and art.
- Providing a platform for creativity, inspiration and professional exchange.
- Exchange of cultures and the function of a bridge between Ukrainian and Dutch artists with the possibility of learning from each other.
- Creation of a communication environment between creative Ukrainians and Dutch people.
- Organization of public events
How we operate
The foundation tries to achieve its goals, among other things, by following developments within the cultural sector, entering into collaborations with artists, collectives and institutions, building a network within both the Ukrainian and the Dutch cultural sector, organizing public events and individual artists and collectives.
The foundation is authorized to perform commercial acts insofar as these are in accordance with the said purpose and insofar as the profits are used to achieve this purpose.
The foundation has no profit motive.
The directors receive no remuneration for their work, except possibly a non-excessive attendance fee. They are, however, entitled to reimbursement of the costs incurred by them in the performance of their duties.